A California Distinguished School
A High Achieving Title I School
A California Golden Bell School
Welcome to Cabrillo's Webpage. We encourage you to peruse our website and get to know our school better. We have resources for parents and and a very active PTA. Come join the fun! we look forward to a great year in 2013!
April 30 to May 10 - STAR testing and Makeups
May 27 - Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
May 28 - 31 - Minimum Days, Conferences for At-risk Students
Highlights of the Month
- 3 Spirit Assembly
- 10 Academic Rally
- 11 Imagination Machine
- 12 Gold Rush Field Trip for Rooms 30 & 32
- 16 Spring Pictures
- 19 1st grade Field Trip - LA Zoo
- 23 Author Visit
- 25 PTA Family Night
- 29 6th gr Day Camp @ Cab., Camp Highland
- 30 STAR Testing begins
- 10 PTA Spring Fling
- 13 Music Performance 6pm Gr 1-2, 7pm Gr 5
- 14 Music Performance 6pm Gr 3-4, 7pm Gr 6
- 14 Riley's Farm extended day Field Trip, Gr 5
- 20 Band Assembly 1:15pm
- 21 Open House 6:30 Band, 7:00 Classrooms
- 22 Gold Rush Field Trip, 4th, Rooms 10, 29, 31
- 27 Memorial Day, No School
- 29 Cab. Reading Counts assemblies, 8:15 K-1, 9:00 4-6, 10:00 2-3
- 28-31 Parent/Teacher Conferences for at risk students
- Every Wednesday is Minimum Day - 1:00 p.m. Dismissal
- Remember Every Minute Counts and Everyday Counts! Be HERE and on TIME!
|Early Start Kindergarten:
||8:00 a.m. to 11:25 p.m.
|Late Start Kindergarten:
||10:05 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
|Late Start Kindergarten on Wednesday:
||8:00 a.m. to 11:25 p.m. on Minimum Day
|Grades 1 - 6:
||8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
||Minimum Day - 1:00 p.m. Dismissal
Virtue of the Month
The virtue of the month for April is: FAIRNESS.
The definition of fairness is "behavior that is reasonable and right."
Univ. of the Week
|Feb. 4, 2013
||University of Irvine
|Feb. 11, 2013
||University of Purdue
|Feb. 18, 2013
||Univ. of Hawaii, Manoa
|Feb. 25, 2013
||Univ. of CA, San Diego
|Mar 4, 2013
|Mar 11, 2013
|Mar 25, 2013
||Pittsburgh State Univ.
|April 1, 2013
|April 8, 2013
||University of LaVerne
|April 15, 2013
||Univ. of CA, Davis
|April 22, 2013
||University of Miami
|April 29, 2013
Just For You
“Respect for intellectual excellence, the restoration of vigor and discipline to our ideas of study, curricula which aim at strengthening intellectual fiber and stretching the power of young minds, personal commitment and responsibility—these are the preconditions of educational recovery in America today; and, I believe, they have always been the preconditions of happiness and sanity for the human race.”
23rd U.S. Vice-President
With something to think about . . .